Tuesday, 19 June 2012

wee and round

So, what did I want all that tartan bias binding for? Well, I wanted to make some wee and round oven gloves like this one:

I originally showed that glove in this post.

I'd made the Royal Stuart tartan bias binding last week and I made some Dress Stuart tartan bias binding on Saturday morning. It's a-ma-zing how much bias binding you can get out of a 22½" square! 9.30m - that's more than 10 yards. Wow!

So, that was me ready to get on with the oven gloves. Here's the Dress Stuart tartan one all done:

And here's the Royal Stuart tartan one done except for the hanger and label.

I've now made 2 with each tartan to match the pinnies I made earlier this month. Douglas took a photo with them all together: (I don't know why he put 2 of the oven gloves upside down. He *says* it was deliberate. Mmmmm)

Now I just need to get my act together and get them wrapped and sent to Debbie in Canada.

I've taken photos so I can do a tutorial for these gloves. Hopefully I'll get that done soon. :o)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!

    Psst... he wanted to show off your neat labels!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Debbie's going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be waiting by the post box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm supposed to be making oven gloves and pot holders for Stuart for his new kitchen ..... this pattern does both!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)