Tuesday, 26 June 2012

waffles

I had £12 of birthday money left so, when I saw a waffle iron in our local Lidl store for £14.99, I decided to blow the last of said birthday money on that. I'm so glad I did!

It only takes about 4 minutes to heat up ...

... then another 3 minutes to cook the waffles ...

They are delicious! Especially with runny syrup all over them. Can't wait for breakfast time tomorrow so I can have more!

Here's the recipe I use. We've been able to get 3 breakfasts out of this - that's 12 waffles.

9 oz plain flour
1 dessertspoon baking powder (= 2 teaspoons)
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
16 fl oz semi-skimmed milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. In a jug measure the milk, beat in the eggs and oil and then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the batter on to the hot waffle iron until it's just touching the edges of the design.
4. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Eat.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love waffles... in fact, had one this morning! Love your new waffle iron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! So glad you love your waffle machine, I LOVE mine! Waffles for dessert are a quick and easy fix and I just love making them. Hubby puts cheese on his waffles and eats them more like bread when we don't put jam, syrup or ice cream on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had something similar, just had to have it, and when I made my waffles they always spilled out the sides while cooking. Funny enough, mine broke in two years and was tossed out the door.

    Yours do you yummy and they seem to fit right in the molds.

    Les.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)