Monday, 11 June 2012

a re-make, a change and a pizza

This is the skirt I made last week re-made into a smaller size. Honestly, it took me so long to unpick it all, I'd have been better starting from scratch again. Never mind, it's done now and, hopefully, some time soon, we'll get weather warm enough to wear our summer clothes!!

We're going to my cousin's wedding in a couple of weeks - the one I made the quilt and wee bag for - and I didn't know what to wear. I wanted to wear a dress but was wary of making something only for it not to fit me or for me not to like it. So yesterday I tried on a few dresses I already had and decided to wear one of those but I wanted to make it shorter. By about 6"! It took me most of today to get it done (the dress is bias-cut so it wasn't as easy as it could have been) but I did it. And I *LOVE* it. I can see this dress getting worn much more often now that it's not down at my ankles! :o)

By the way, sorry about the glare from the window. I'm going to blame Douglas as he took the photo! :oD Oh and the first photo of me showing my hair without colour. I stopped dyeing it just before Christmas and it's almost all silver now. I have to say, I love it too!

And lastly, just because the photo was on my camera - because Joanna took it last night at teatime - here's what we had for tea last night. Bought pizza with adding toppings of mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, pineapples and cheese. Yummmmmm.

Thanks to all for your best wishes on my tooth. It feels much better now - as do I. It really knocked me for 6 but I'm definitely on the mend now. I did make the mistake of looking into the gap with a mirror. I wish I hadn't looked! Not a pretty sight! Ewwwwwww! :oD

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty dress and your hair looks so pretty! I have quite a few years until I retire but as soon as I do I am going to stop dyeing my hair immediately--I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)