Wednesday, 2 May 2012

the ingenius seagull

I was up in the sewing room today and just happened to look out of the window and saw a seagull lifting one of the coconut shells from the ground on to the garage roof. (The coconut shells are full of suet and seeds for the birds. This one was almost finished.)

After taking a lot of photos, it dawned on me to take a video of him/her.

The coconut shell is still up there - I'm not volunteering to get it down! :oD

Editing to say - yes he/she does seem to have a sore leg. Maybe that's why he decided to have his lunch on the roof restaurant rather than on ground level one! :oD

3 comments:

  1. How interesting.... maybe he/she felt safer there? It seems to be favoring its right foot some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same thing! I think he has a sore foot so has taken the food away so he gets his own private meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think he/she was in the mood to share. ----- Les

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)