Thursday, 5 April 2012

a shopper in a pocket

I pinned this pin a while ago ...

... and last week I made it.

Needless to say I didn't follow the instructions to the letter - do I ever?? - but I decided I didn't need the zipped pocket in the wallet part. I couldn't think of anything I'd want to keep in it so I left it out. Here it is inside its pocket:

Opened up ... (yes, it does look a wee bit like a welly boot! LOL)

Here it is standing up ...

And here it is with me holding it ...

Next time I make one - and I've no doubt I'll make a few more - I'll tack (baste) the zip in so I know exactly where to sew. I had to unpick a few spots where the needle had gone so close to the zip's teeth that the zip wouldn't close. Tacking exactly where I have to sew would stop that happening.

That's another couple of pieces of my stash used up. Much more of that and I'll just need to buy more! :oD

3 comments:

  1. I love it - and it does look like a welly boot in that picture!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever. Pretty sure I need one ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)