Tuesday, 10 April 2012

raspberry sorbet

I was going to make some raspberry jam today but didn't have enough sugar in the cupboard so I made some of the rasps into sorbet instead. Yummmm!!!

Here's the recipe:

Raspberry Sorbet

1lb rasps
8 oz caster sugar

Put the rasps and the sugar into a food processor and purée until smooth.
Push through a plastic sieve into a bowl to remove all the seeds.
Put into the freezer - in the bowl - and freeze for about 30 minutes.
Take out and beat with a hand-held electric beater and replace in the freezer.
Repeat the 30 minute freezing/beating until you get the desired consistency. (I find that after about 3 times, it's good to go.)
Put into a plastic box and freeze.
Take out of the freezer for about 5 minutes before serving to allow it to soften up.

I usually make double quantity but, as my food processor won't take more than the 1lb/8oz quantities at a time, I just do it in two lots and combine them at the sieving stage.

Be warned - this is very moreish. You have no idea how hard it is to sit here typing this knowing that there's raspberry sorbet in the freezer! :oD

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)