Thursday, 8 March 2012

baby quilt - all done ... and my new wheels

I hand-sewed the binding on to the back of the baby quilt today and, even if I do say so myself, I think it's stunning!

I laid it on the back of the couch after I'd photographed the above photo and thought I'd take some photos of my favourite squares:

I love the teddy caught with his tongue sticking out after eating the jam -

I love the sleepy bear - shame it's fuzzy!

And the owls -

And the music and the dice (and the frog and the spots and the brick wall) -

Then there are the doggy bones, the spots, the frog and the sheriff's stars -

And the snowmen and snails -

And the horse -

And the matryoshkas, the bikes, chickens, tractors/diggers and snail -

The crazy cats, the chicks and eggs and the Q for quilt -

Actually, I could have just taken photos of all 81 squares as they all have something that I love in them.

As for the new wheels, here's what I picked up today.

It's a Hyundai i10 and, so far, I just love it. I'm not too smooth at the gear changing yet but I'm sure I'll be fine after I've been out in it a few times.

6 comments:

  1. What a darling baby quilt... I love it! Congratulations on the fab finish and on your new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! Pretty car. I drive a Hyundai too. I hope you enjoy it.
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of your favorite squares too! Turned out so cute...lucky wee one that will be snuggled under it. Great car color, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is just gorgeous - very sweet!

    And don't worry about your gear changing - I'm sure Princess Blueberry will get used to it soon! :D

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess Blueberry! I love it! ha ha ha! :o)

    And a very pretty quilt too mumsi! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the baby quilt! I know it's a girly thing to say, but I love the colour of your new car - happy motoring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)