Friday, 17 February 2012

some farmer's wife blocks

I messed about in my Photoshop yesterday evening and managed to get the templates for the Farmer's Wife blocks on to 16 pages of paper instead of the 133 if I'd printed them straight from the CD. I printed them all out and used some of them today to cut out some more blocks. I then started sewing them together.

First I made the bowtie block:

Then I made the box block:

The attic windows block:

The calico puzzle block:

And last for today I made the contrary wife block. The title of it made me laugh! :oD

And just to show that it all didn't go quite to plan, here was how the first attempt at the bowtie block turned out.

I obviously wasn't paying attention as I'd already had to rip out 4 seams when I attached all the purple corners on the wrong way around! Woops! :oD

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome, and thank YOU for sharing your pattern! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)