Tuesday, 7 February 2012

the sleeves, a skirt, a wee bag and a cake

Well, I've finished the blouse and, thankfully, managed to get the sleeves to fit me. It took some amount of jiggery-pokery but at least it worked. First of all, here's the original sleeve showing that it really didn't fit me.

And, here's the finished blouse on the dummy. You'll just have to take my word for it that the sleeves fit me. (I really need to pad her out a bit in the boobular area. She's nowhere as rounded as I am! :oD)

I made myself a skirt today and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I took the instructions from the "Sew What Skirts" book and drew up my own pattern.

I actually had to take it in a bit which I was ridiculously chuffed about! It's not a great photo but the skirt is made of denim.

Yesterday I made another pyramid bag.

And the inside:

And finally, I didn't make this. Joanna did. (The tray it's sitting on is 17" long so you can get an idea of the size.)

She made it for Douglas's birthday (yesterday). Isn't it cool? It blew me away when I saw it. Great job, Jo. And happy birthday (again) for yesterday, Douglas. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you managed to get the sleeves to work. I think I'd be too scared. :)

    I love the little pyramid bag. Do you have a tutorial for it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)