Saturday, 11 February 2012

sewing room makeover

Douglas and I headed to Ikea yesterday where, amongst other things, we bought some Billy bookcases for my sewing room. Let me take you through the process so you can see how it all looks.

Here's how the sewing room looked before:

First of all I moved the chest of drawers over to the window.

Which left this gap over by the door.

Whilst Douglas got to work building up the bookcases in our bedroom ...

... I got to work taking the crates and other stuff out of the sewing room:

And moving the fabric off the shelves and on to the table.

Soon we had all 5 bookcases built up ...

... and then shelved ...

And then I set about loading the shelves.

I just dumped the fabric on each of the shelves so I need to spend some time tidying it but O. M. G. I *love* it!

The best bit was what Douglas said - "It actually makes it look like you don't have masses of material" - which I'm taking to mean I need some more! :oD

4 comments:

  1. Love it! YAY for organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!

    You will be able to see all your fabric nice and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks terrific!!! LOL, Douglas "thinking" you need more fabric ;-) Of course you need more fabric. A happy sewer can never have too much fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)