Wednesday, 1 February 2012

glutton for punishment?

Well, yet again, I'm attempting to make myself a blouse that fits. I'm really hopeful with this one because I've read reviews on patternreview.com and they're all pretty favourable. Here's the pattern I'm using:

So far, I've got the body sewn together and it does fit me ... so far. Long term readers might remember the black blouse I made last year which fitted me beautifully in the body but, as soon as I added the sleeves, it didn't fit me any more.

But I'm trying to think positively about this one for various reasons. Firstly, the pattern is for larger ladies - that would be me. It also comes with instructions of how to adapt the sleeves for ladies with "big biceps" - that would be me. It also has fronts for ladies with bigger boobular areas - that would be me.

So, hopefully, I'll be showing off a blouse in the next few days that actually fits me. And, if it does, I'm thinking it'll be the start of a spree of blouse making. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Let's just wait and see if the sleeve adding doesn't spoil everything!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

    Boobular - *giggles*

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the blouse! And your Sticky Gingerbread looks mah-velous! I would love to make some and have it with coffee. I'm trying to lose a little weight (okay, a LOT) so I'm passing on it for now.

    P.S. My mother says she has my pinny finished! I can't wait to see it and show it to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)