Wednesday, 29 February 2012

FW blocks - 6 more

Here are a few more of the farmer's wife blocks I've made recently.

Cups and saucers:

Gentleman's fancy:

Postage stamp:

Railroad:

Wedding ring:

And snowball. This one worried me slightly because a snowball should be white all the way through. Why would it have a dark centre? Unless they were "Snowballs with rocks in. Them poor little dears. Sobbin' buckets of tears". Name that film! :oD

I actually made myself stop sewing the blocks today so that I would make a start on the 2 blouses I cut out last week. I've got one up to the sleeve-putting-in stage and the other is at the collar-putting-in stage. I might get them finished tomorrow. Maybe. :o)

1 comment:

  1. You've been a busy bee! Your blocks are all very pretty. Quilts and quilt-making always reminds me of my grandmother. She was an avid quilt-maker. I just got caught up reading several of your entries. Those double biscuits look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)