Sunday, 26 February 2012

double biscuits recipe

It's a while since I made these - I might have to make them really soon! :o)

DOUBLE BISCUITS

7oz plain flour
½tsp baking powder
½tsp ground cinnamon
4oz butter
4oz caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
rasp jam
glacé cherries

6oz icing sugar = just over 1 cup
1½ tbsp warm water

180ºC (160ºC in fan oven)

Sift flour, baking powder & cinnamon into a bowl. Rub in butter. Add sugar and mix to a stiff dough with the egg. Roll out to ¼" thick and cut into 2" circles.
Place on greased baking trays and bake for 10-15 mins.
When cold, sandwich together with rasp jam. Ice and decorate each with half a glacé cherry.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)