Friday, 20 January 2012

gold runner

After a week of not getting much done because of my infernal cough - which is, thankfully, getting better - I managed to get the binding sewn on this new gold runner.

And here it is in situ - on top of the dresser in the dining room. I might be a wee bit biased here, but I have to say I *LOVE* it! :o)

This was all made from scraps out of those plastic drawers I showed in the last post and the backing - not shown - is a piece of 1/8" check yellow gingham which I know I brought down from Inverness when we moved back here in 2000.

See, my Grandad always used to say "if you keep a thing for 7 years you'll always find a use for it.". Well, apparently, it works if you keep something for 12 years as well! :oD

3 comments:

  1. I love it too. Nice and bright :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's something I'd give pride of place to in my house, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This caught my eye because of its lovely bright colours, most cheering on a grey winter day (as it is here). I suspect your grandfather and my grandmother learnt many of the same sayings, though mine was apparently wont to say that if you'd had a thing for seven years and hadn't used it, you should turn it over and keep it another seven. Fine advice, I find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)