Tuesday, 20 December 2011

oven gloves, cake and a few Christmas sweets

Here are the oven gloves that I made for the grannies to match the pinnies I showed yesterday. The fabric was a remnant I got a few weeks ago. 2 pinnies, 2 pairs of oven gloves and still some left over? Bargain!

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making marmalade. I didn't take any photos of it today but you can see a past version here.

I then put the marzipan on the cake.

I'll ice it tomorrow. :o)

I made tablet - recipe here. It's messy but it tastes delicious. (Don't ask how I know! :oD)

And fudge.

I didn't realise I didn't have the recipe for this fudge on my blog so here it is now:

Fudge

1 tin condensed milk - 397g
420g Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate (I expect other makes will work too!)
1½ tsp vanilla essence

Put condensed milk and chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from the heat and blend in the vanilla essence. Pour into a tin approximately 8"x8" and chill until firm. You can use a bigger tin which will make the fudge thinner - then you would just cut the pieces bigger! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)