Tuesday, 6 December 2011

hot chocolate ... yum

I haven't done much decorating of the house yet - I'm thinking this weekend for the tree - but I did get the Christmas mugs out today. Here are the ones we had our hot chocolate in at lunchtime. Don't they look fab?

Mine is the one on the right with the marshmallows *and* the peppermint cane in it.

And, just in case I lose the bit of paper with the "recipe" on it, here's the mix I use for the hot chocolate.

1½ cups of instant skimmed milk powder
1½ cups of granulated sugar
¾ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup coffee whitener

Sieve all the ingredients to get rid of any lumps and store in a jar. Use 3 tbsps of the mix in a mug. No need to add sugar or milk because they're in the mix already. :o)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Shame I don't like hot chocolate! :) I'll just have the marshmallows and peppermint stick, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas mugs! And hot Christmas drinks. I'm partial to the snowman, myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using my Christmas mugs since the US Thanksgiving. *Blushing*

    I like Carnation hot chocolate mix or, better for avoiding dairy, I warm up soy milk and add chocolate syrup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)