Saturday, 31 December 2011

Happy Hogmanay!!

It's Hogmanay. That's what we, in Scotland, call the last day of the year.

I thought it might be interesting to see how well I did with the "intentions" I set up for myself back on the 1st of January. Here's the list of 11 for 2011:

1. Use of lots of the fabric that is piled in my sewing room.
2. Use up lots of the knitting wool that is in various baskets in various rooms.
3. Take a photo of our back garden every Sunday.
4. Eat less and move more.
5. Read lots.
6. Sew more. (This will help with intention number 1!)
7. Crochet and knit more. (This will help with intention number 2!)
8. Use my cook books more - for baking and main meals. (This won't help with intention number 4!)
9. Blog more.
10. Go for more walks.
11. Take more photos.

So, how did I do? Let's see:

1. Use of lots of the fabric that is piled in my sewing room.
Well I did use up lots ... but I also bought more. :oD

2. Use up lots of the knitting wool that is in various baskets in various rooms.
See the answer to number 1! :oD

3. Take a photo of our back garden every Sunday.
I did it every Monday - or sometimes later - but I did it for all the weeks we were here.

4. Eat less and move more.
I'm not sure about this one but I just checked and I'm 3kg lighter than I was on the 1st of January. That's 6.6 lbs. Go me!!

5. Read lots.
I've read 105 books this year and might even get number 106 done before the bells! Last year I read 99 so, I've done this one. Go me!!

6. Sew more.
I haven't counted anything here but I certainly feel like I've sewn more so I'm counting this one as done. :o)

7. Crochet and knit more.
Same answer as number 6.

8. Use my cook books more - for baking and main meals.
Mmmm. I don't know if I did this one or not.

9. Blog more.
I posted 124 posts in 2010 and 184 in 2011 so this one is definitely done. Yep, I am a blether! :oD

10. Go for more walks.
No idea if I did this or not!

11. Take more photos.
Well, counting photos shown on my blog alone, there were 306 photos posted in 2010. This year it's been a staggering 518 plus the 51 from the sewing room window which makes 569 in total. Wow! That's incredible!

So, what's next for 2012? Who knows? I think we should just wait and see!

Happy New Year to all of my friends all over the world. See you next year! :o)

Let me just end the year with one more photo - here's what the sunrise looked like yesterday morning. Glorious!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Hoggers to you, too! And well done for getting through your 2011 "intentions"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hogmany Anne :) may 2012 bring only good things your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hogmanay and a Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)