Friday, 9 December 2011

a few finishes

I finished a few things this week. First of all a snowman to hang on our wall. I found the tutorial here.

It's meant to be a mug rug but I decided I wanted to add a smile to mine which doesn't leave a lot of room for a mug. But that's okay. I think he'll look fab hanging on the wall.

The next thing I made was a dress for myself. Apologies for the fuzzy photo!

I love it and will most definitely make it again. The pattern is Burda 8379.

Each time I make something for myself and put it on the dummy, I think I need to make her more my shape. My boobular area is more shapely than hers. Her stomach is flatter than mine but my bum isn't as big as hers so that's something to be pleased about. I think! :oD

Today I played around with another shape for oven gloves.

Well, I suppose this is more of a pot lid holder or a get-the-beans-out-of-the-microwave glove. Here's the back.

And my hand tucked in it to show the size - a 7" circle.

Douglas tried it on but his hand didn't fit in the pocket. I think, if I want him to get the beans out of the microwave, I'll need to make it with an 8" or 9" circle.

And lastly - what does a wee doggy do when her mum is upstairs sewing (again)? She finds a patch of sunlight and has a snooze. Rosie's not daft! :o)

1 comment:

  1. You gave my dd14 and me a giggle this morning. Love your blog...and your special way of blethering :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)