Wednesday, 21 December 2011

the cake, the marmalade, the card and Pinterest!

I decorated the cake today and I have to say I am ex-treeeeeeeme-ly happy with it. I didn't use the icing sugar that came with the pack but instead used a packet of fondant icing I had in the cupboard. Here it is with the cover of fondant icing. (Please ignore the mess around the cake. I'm not a tidy cook/baker but I do tidy it all up well when I'm done! :oD)

And here it is with a few wee trees around the edge. I LOVE it!! :o)

I thought I had silver dragees in the cupboard but apparently not so the trees don't have any silver balls at the tops pretending they're stars but, actually, if the truth were told, I don't think it needs them. Let's just hope the cake tastes good! Oh and please ignore the tatty old cake board. I might need to get a new one sometime soon.

Here's what I did with 2 of the jars of marmalade I made yesterday - put fancy tops on them ready to go into the grannies' boxes. Even if I do say so myself, I think they look fab! (Ugh, photos taken under room lights are so yellow!)

I spent some time this afternoon making the cards for the grannies. The circle isn't perfect but, if you've ever tried cutting a circle out using a craft knife, you'll know it's not the easiest thing in the world to do. I'm also no artist so the very fact that I drew the top of the bauble myself and it actually looks remotely like the top of a bauble is a miracle! :oD

So that's the cake, the marmalade and the card in the title so what about Pinterest? Well, I'm not one to look at the stats on my blog. In fact, I can't remember when I last looked - I'd guess 2 weeks ago or more. I clicked on the link today and found that one of the referring URLs was Pinterest. Huh? Naturally, I clicked on the link to see what it was and someone has pinned the photo of my flirty frilly pinny. And, on her page, someone else liked it and someone else re-pinned it! How cool is that? I also see other people have pinned 2 of my recipes. I might be famous soon! Maybe? :oD

2 comments:

  1. in certain circles you've been famous for quite a while :)

    that is a gorgeous Christmas cake - tell me more about the fondant packet of icing... is it a mix or just a package of pre-made fondant? My daughter loves working with fondant but I've never seen a mix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)