Saturday, 8 October 2011

what I was making up - and some smiley faces

Here's what I was making the pattern up for yesterday - a flirty frilled pinny (apron).



A side view:



And, if you look closely, you'll see the tumbler shaped pocket -



I want to change the cutting line of the sides just slightly as it sticks out just a wee bit at the bottom corners - you can see the sticky-out-ness really well in the top photo. Other than that, I'm really pleased with the pinny. In fact, I'm chuffed to bits that it worked out so well. I can see me making lots more of these.

This afternoon I tried out one of my purchases from our days away - smiley face cookie cutters. They didn't quite work out - the thin ones went darker than I would have liked but at least their faces didn't close up like the others did.



But, you know, when they're sandwiched together with butter icing AND raspberry jam, who cares what they look like? I know I don't! :oD

5 comments:

  1. Love the pinny and those biscuits look great - can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE cookie cutters and I agree....who cares what they look like when the are filled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frilly pinnie AND cookies? The complete domestic goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you don't want to adopt another grown daughter and a couple of grandkids, Anne?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That apron is awesome! Care to share the pattern? (not that I would be able to sew it. LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)