Thursday, 27 October 2011

the last wee squares bag and the next thing

I finished the 4th - and last (for now) - wee squares make-up bag today. I've enjoyed making them but, enough is enough. I've no doubt I'll make some of these again some time but not right now!!

Here's how the last one looks:

And the inside:

And here's the next thing. It's badly in need of a press but I think I like it.

I'm not too sure about the centre - the bits are really awful small in there. If you look very closely, you can just see a red bit from the dark jade colour and a couple of wee black spots from the creamy fabric. I might have to do a rethink about that part.

But then, this is just a practice. If it works out, I think I might make it in Christmas fabrics. We'll see how it goes when I start quilting it ... hopefully tomorrow. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Is it a placemat? My mom has a round table and she's always looking for non-square placemats for the round table. She has some hexagonal quilted mats that I think my aunt made for her a long time. They're pieced, but only big wedges...not the horizontal fabrics to create the big wedge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)