It comes from this book:
Anyway, I started cutting out the 80 squares I needed to make the bag and then thought I might make one for Debbie and Joanna and maybe one for someone for a Christmas present so that's why I ended up cutting out 240 1½" squares.
So here are all the squares piled in neat piles of 4 per pile.
I then started joining one set in twos:
Then in fours:
Then in eights:
Pinned together to get the seams to match:
The resulting patchwork pieces after pressing - the squares are now all 1" finished size:
With the bit for the bag bottom attached:
And with the quilting all done:
I hope to get the bag made up tomorrow - hopefully! Of course, me being me, I'm not going to do things the way the book says. I think the zip would be really hard to put in after you've sewn up the side seams and added the binding. I'll let you know how it goes. :o)