Wednesday, 14 September 2011

got a reply

Well, this will be my last blog post about the nonsense happening at that forum. I just had a reply from one of the people in charge of the people in charge. Here's what she wrote to me:

Hello Anne,

Thank you for your recent letter regarding issues that have arisen on the XXXXX boards. I understand that you have had some frustrations communicating with others within the organization, and while I sincerely regret that you’ve had this experience as a volunteer Community Leader, I understand your decision to leave. I have discussed the situation with several members of my team, and we are exploring ways to improve the flow of information to our CLs — whom we greatly value.

I truly appreciate your time and the contributions you have given to the XXXXX Community through the years, and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Name of sender.
(I'm not going to "honour" her with a name on here!)

Here's my reply:

That's it? No apologies for the appalling way I was treated after nearly 7 years as a much-loved and dedicated CL? All I can say is, if this is the way you treat the people you value, I'd hate to think how people you don't value are treated.

Oh and just an FYI - I had no problems communicating with anyone and never have. The same could not be said for those allegedly in charge of the XXXXX boards.

~ ~ ~ ~

What a crock!

Oh well, one forum's loss is another forum's gain. My new group on cafemom has, in just over one week, got 47 members. Far more than my board on that other place has had since their stupid upgrades.

Editing to add - one of the other CLs who got the "shut up or leave" e-mail got the *exact same* e-mail from this person. Well, her name was there instead of mine but, other than that, it was the exact same wording. Even though she had brought up entirely different issues in her complaint. No wonder the boards on that forum are failing when they let idiots like that be in charge of the idiots in charge!!

6 comments:

  1. You got form lettered... SO lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got the same letter, or, maybe I can...
    Torie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why should we be surprised? Sad but we all know it rolls downhill :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got form lettered too. LOL at least they changed the salutation to include my name instead of the "other letter" s=that began with "hi..." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how every single person got the SAME form letter. Seems like no one can be bothered to actually address each CL on a personal level. “Top Dog” couldn’t and now this individual couldn’t either. There must be a manual full of form letters at XXX Place that are dished out at random, even if it doesn’t address the individuals complaint. ---- Les

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bunch of crap! Not a way to run a business. It's unbelievable that they think that they're a successful site when they're running people off and not taking the time to consider what anyone has to say.

    You know I keep remember that there was a news coverage that talked about said forum, but I can't remember what it was about. I want to say it wasn't anything good, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)