Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Christmas table runners - a new arrangement

This was the layout of the Christmas table runners last time I showed them.



I changed my mind about doing them that way for one main reason. Look at all those corners I'd have to put binding around. Yikes!

So, I played around with the tumblers, cut 6 more and now have enough to make 3 runners like this:



This one is quilted - I just sewed 1/8" away from all the seam lines - and ready for binding. I hope to get the other 2 quilted tomorrow and then I can get on with the bindings of those as well.

In other sewing news - I'm in the process of scouring the internet to find out what I can do about making the sleeves of that black blouse wider. I've got a couple of books that tell me what to do but those instructions are for starting from scratch - ie not with the body part already sewn up. I want to know if I can just widen the armholes by lowering them slightly and then recutting new wider sleeves (I have enough fabric left to make new sleeves) or if there's something more than that involved.

Of course, the fact is, the blouse doesn't fit me as it is so, even if I can't find a way to do it, it's no more of a loss than it is right now. So, if I can find anything that would work, it's a benefit. Yes?

If I keep telling myself that, I might start to believe it! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice runners...I can understand not wanting to put binding on all those corners.

    Is the blouse a style that you could put a cap sleeve on it? Maybe sleeveless wearing a lightweight pullover under it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)