Tuesday, 9 August 2011

the quilting has begun

I decided to do the quilting on the wedding quilt in a "quilt as I go" format. That means I can do the quilting one block at a time. Wonderful!

First of all, I wanted to make sure I knew how to do the QAIG thing so I tried it out on 2 of the blocks. Here's the front:



… and the back. Ignore the untidy zigzag stitch around the outside - I changed that to a straight stitch on the others.



Success! So I set to and started quilting the blocks.

Here's some of what I've done in the last 2 days.






I've only got 13 more to do which I hope to get done tomorrow and then it's on to the sashing. It's really coming together very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)