Friday, 19 August 2011

back to dressmaking

I had cut this blouse out before I started on the wedding quilt so, before I'm allowed to do anything else, I have to make what's already cut out. Right? Mum would be proud! :oD

Anyway, here's the blouse:



The material is a spotty polycotton which I bought in the sales. Not in a fabric shop but in the supermarket! It was a sheet! Honestly. I don't know why I've never thought of using sheets before. Even at full price, they're much cheaper than anything our local fabric shop sells and you get a lot of fabric in even a single sheet. And the pattern is way cooler than anything the local fabric shop sells as well! I just love those spots!!

All I need to do now is make the buttonholes and attach some buttons. I made some buttons out of the fabric using one of 4 of the colours of spots on each button ...



... but I'm really not so sure I want to use them. To me they look like a bad fried egg - the lime green one - or like eyes. Kinda creepy having eyes looking out from the front of my blouse!

Note to self - don't show the top of the sewing table in a photo. Cover it up with something first! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)