Friday, 6 May 2011

a few finishes

I was taking the photo of Debbie's dress off my camera just now and realised I hadn't shown the photos of my own dress and top which I made last week and the week before.

The top - best thing about it - it fits me!!



My dress -



I'll need to wear a shirt or cardi over it as my bra straps show but that's okay. I'm certainly not going bra-less. That would be like the song the girls used to sing at nursery school except it wouldn't be "ears". You know the one:

Do your ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder like a regimental soldier?
Do your ears hang low?

And finally Deb's dress -



I just cut this one out on Wednesday and it's all finished today - Friday! That might not be quick compared to what I used to be able to do but, considering I normally can't sew for longer than an hour at a time because it makes my back sore, finishing this dress in 2 days is a major achievement. :o)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - you are very clever! I might have to steal some patterns! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the dresses-they look amazing! And thanks for sharing the song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Anne! I bet you look fetching!

    I have to tell you that Lu still uses your sweet little placemat bag.

    George

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)