Wednesday, 6 April 2011

another coaster

I played around with some more scraps this afternoon and made another coaster.



And the back:



This one is 6" square for no other reason than, after sewing the strips together, I cut it that size! LOL

I tried to use the method Jenna showed in her blog post here for joining the binding at the end but didn't succeed. I need to practise some more on that - and I also need to be trying it earlier in the afternoon. I had only 10 minutes to try it before it was time to start making the tea so I didn't give it - or myself - a fair chance of succeeding.

I was also using a single binding and not a folded one like Jenna used but I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I don't think it does but that's just another reason I need to take longer than 10 minutes to try it.

Anyway, apart from that, I had fun making it and I do love the sunbursty pattern.

What do you mean "sunbursty" isn't a word? Of course it is! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)