Wednesday, 23 February 2011

the top and some strips

Well, I tried the top on and, whilst it did fit me, it looked absolutely awful. I looked pregnant - and at 55 years of age, that's not a good look! LOL

So, the top has been assigned to the charity bag put aside to let Jo try it on. The pattern has been put back in the box with a note on it in case I forget what was wrong with it. I suspect it will look fab on someone who isn't as - em - booby as I am. ;o)

What to sew next? No idea. I'm going to avoid dressmaking for a while until I forget the disappointment of all that sewing and ending up with nothing.

Today I dug into my crate of wee bits to see what was in there. I discovered that there was a whole pile of 3½" squares so I set to and cut a whole lot of bits with a 3½" edge.



I have a few ideas of what I might do with them so it'll be interesting to see if anything comes from this. I won't be wearing it whatever it is! :oD

2 comments:

  1. May I please try on the top? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry about your top Anne -- I hate it when that happens. All of your little bits sure look fun though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)