Wednesday, 2 February 2011

more baking

I did some more baking today. The custard creams that I made at the weekend were all gone so I needed to make something else to stop us eating chocolate biscuits. (I'd much rather eat home-baking than chocolate biscuits. Well, bought chocolate biscuits, anyway. Home made chocolate biscuits would be a different thing altogether! :oD)

I'm trying to take photos of things I bake so that, one day, I'll add them into my recipe book so future generations will know what the various things are meant to look like.

So, here's what I made today:

Meg's biscuits - recipe here



And sultana cookies - recipe below.



I know it would seem like we're going to make pigs of ourselves by me baking both things but Douglas is going to see his mum tomorrow and he's taking her half a dozen. I'll take another half dozen to my mum too so that's 12 biscuits gone before we even start eating them ourselves!

Here's the recipe for the sultana cookies:

4oz butter
3oz sugar
1 dess.sp syrup
½ tsp baking soda
8oz SR flour
1oz sultanas = approx 1 handful (I think, in the US, they're called golden raisins?)

Heat the oven to 160ºC

Melt butter, syrup & sugar slowly in a pan. Add bicarb and beat well. Add flour and sultanas. Mix well, make into balls and flatten them out a little.
Bake for 10 - 15 mins.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're doing some wonderful baking Anne. Thanks for the recipe -- I've never baked with sultanas before -- I need to see if we can get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!!! I should never read your blog while hungry! Your treats always look absolutely scrumptious! Probably a good thing I live way across the big pond from you or there would be a few friends knocking at your door! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)