Saturday, 26 February 2011

banana loaf

I made banana loaf the other day and actually remembered to take a photo of it for the day I eventually get everything photographed to put in my recipe books.

I actually took 2 photos of it but neither really do it justice. This one makes the top look crusty and scrumptious - which it is!



And this one shows the inside of the loaf but I think it makes it look dry - which it isn't at all. In fact, it's really, really moist.



I might just have to take more (better) photos of it next time I make it!

Here's the recipe:

BANANA LOAF

4oz butter - room temp
6oz sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas
8oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb of soda
2 tbsp boiling milk - m/w 30 secs

160ºC fan oven (according to wikipedia, a fan oven is also called a convection oven)

Cream the butter & sugar until light & fluffy then beat in the eggs & bananas. Sift the flour & baking powder together and stir the bicarb into the hot milk. Fold both into the mixture.

Put the mixture into a 2lb loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for about 50 mins until well risen and golden brown. Turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack with the paper removed.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm - I'm liking this new plan.

    I made this but, oops, the picture isn't the best. Guess I'll just have to make it again! And again! And again!

    Looking forward to it! Yum! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful Anne! Thanks for the recipe -- I love banana bread. And I'm assuming a fan oven is what we call convection oven?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, it looks wondeful, and the recipe is very similar to one I have for banana muffins. Easy and good. In my recipe, a half teaspoon of grated nutmeg is called for. If you like nutmeg, try adding that in someday. It goes nicely with the flavour of bananas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)