So I decided to use some velcro to fasten the ribbons. I tried with a piece of ribbon I had in my ribbon box first in case it didn't work. I used full width velcro - about 1.5cm (5/8") but that made it just a wee bit hard to get the ribbon threaded through the sprongs of the watch face. (I'm sure sprong is not a word but it'll do for now! LOL)
I decided to halve the width of the velcro and that worked beautifully. I used a narrow zigzag stitch to attach the velcro as the thread tended to get eaten by the hook side of the velcro if I sewed it with a straight stitch.
Anyway, I spent this afternoon sewing all the ribbons that came with the watch:
And a few more from my ribbon box:
I then turned my attention to an old stool which badly needed a new cover. I didn't take a before photo - believe me, it was bad - but here's the after:
A good afternoon's work if I do say so myself. :o)