Saturday, 1 January 2011

11 for 2011

I don't make New Year's resolutions - mostly because I know I won't keep them. This year I have a few "intentions".

Are "intentions" more likely to be kept than "resolutions"? I have no idea. But I prefer the sound of "intentions" to "resolutions". "Intending to do" something somehow doesn't sound as hard to achieve as "resolving to do" something. Hopefully!

Here are 11 of my intentions for 2011 - in no particular order:

1. Use of lots of the fabric that is piled in my sewing room.
2. Use up lots of the knitting wool that is in various baskets in various rooms.
3. Take a photo of our back garden every Sunday.
4. Eat less and move more.
5. Read lots.
6. Sew more. (This will help with intention number 1!)
7. Crochet and knit more. (This will help with intention number 2!)
8. Use my cook books more - for baking and main meals. (This won't help with intention number 4!)
9. Blog more.
10. Go for more walks.
11. Take more photos.

Let's see how many of those I manage to achieve over the next 52 weeks. Wish me luck! I think I might need it! LOL

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Anne! And I love "intentions"! I think I'll go post some of my own :) Happy New Year, Friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know you can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny -- I love your comment on intention #8. A great list -- good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)