Tuesday, 7 December 2010

here's what I've been doing

We've been under a continuing blanket of snow this week - here's a video I took yesterday when it snowed solidly for about 7 hours.



So, what does a person do when it's like that out there? She finds tutorials on the web and makes things!

Here's my version of the I heart Jenny's art 45 minute hat tutorial which I found on the totally tutorials blog.





And a couple of teeny tiny matryoshka dollies I found on the sewtospeak blog.





And then this was a kit I bought in Canada when we visited Debbie back in June.



The original pattern was meant to be a square but I didn't think I had a use for a square so I changed it to a rectangle and made a runner for the sideboard in the dining room.

I'm also in the finishing stretch of a crocheted blankie for Joanna to take to her work - she works for a charity for single parents. I'll show that off when I get it all sewn up.

We're supposed to get a thaw on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I. can. not. wait! Even though I've spent my time productively, I am so sick of snow!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh - you're on the tube of you - I'm impressed! And all the things are very pretty! Loving your work! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that snow is so fun! I know you're sick of it, but.... Hoping for a nice thaw for all of you -- you'll be missing that snow before you know it LOL! Looks like you're keeping good and busy with some fun projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little doll ornaments!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)