Friday, 17 September 2010

even with Diana's help . . .

. . . I'm sad to say the blouse I was making didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. In fact, truth be told, I don't like it.

The neckline is very wide - not me at all! The shoulders were about 2" down from my shoulder line - not clear on the pattern that the shoulders were dropped as far as that.



I haven't taken a photo of me wearing the blouse because I just don't want to. It's that bad.

After all that time I spent in the sewing room cutting out, embellishing the front with fancy stitches, all that pinning and sewing and pressing - I'm miffed it didn't turn out!

I remember now why I stopped dressmaking for myself - because I can't find patterns that fit me. If they fit over the bust, they don't fit at the shoulders. If they fit at the shoulders, they won't fasten over the bust. And, always, the sleeves are too tight for me. Always.

I'm going to have to think about what to sew next. But, in the meantime, I'll probably cut out some patchwork pieces. No worries about how big my boobs or how fat my arms are when I'm cutting out wee strips and squares! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wheesht yersel!

    It wasn't that bad it's just that the neckline didn't suit your taste. It was still a very pretty blouse and very well made!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see it on Diana at least!

    I agree with Beanie, it will have been expertly made but just not your style. Did you not buy a pattern making book?

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)