Friday, 13 August 2010

what I've been sewing

Here are a few photos to show what I've been sewing recently.

A couple of shirts for myself.





And a couple of pairs of jammy bottoms for Joanna.





My next project is one of the sundresses for Debbie. I cut it out yesterday so it's ready to be sewn now.

If the people at New Look patterns ever read this blog I'd just like to tell them that this pattern . . .



. . . is meant to be "easy" but the cutting out layout is certainly NOT easy. Having to cut the skirt pieces on the crosswise fold and then the rest of the pieces one at a time on a single thickness of fabric is not my idea of easy.

Oh, I managed to do it - I've been sewing for 40+ years after all - but anyone who has no clue what they're doing ie the people who might buy the pattern because it's "easy" - would have trouble with it.

At least the sewing part should be easy - hopefully!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found it difficult too - I thought it was me! I found the sewing part too hard so I'll be interested to see how you find that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're having fun sewing Anne -- my first love is still clothing sewing. Very pretty shirts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)