Monday, 9 August 2010

tea party for Debbie's birthday

Yes, Debbie now lives in Canada but we decided that wasn't going to stop us having a tea party for her birthday. So we did.

Here's what we ate:

Tiffin - I make this most times because it's Douglas's favourite - or one of them.



Raspberry and white chocolate chunk cookies:



Polka dot slice:



These are called Lancashire Nuts but there are no nuts in them. They're basically biscuits (cookies to my US friends) sandwiched together with raspberry jam.



Banana loaf:



The Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake (without the pecans). Deeeeelishhhhhh!!



And this is Rosie wondering if she'd get even a sniff of anything!



My mum went away with a doggy bag and Joanna took a doggy bag to her work. Douglas is taking another doggy bag to his mum tomorrow and there'll still be plenty left!

We've decided our next tea party will be when we decorate the Christmas tree. Can't wait! :o)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! All the goodies look wonderful -- Yum Yum Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely it all looks - and you used the good dishes! I agree with Anna... yum yum yum!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)