Friday, 25 June 2010

we're back!!

We're back. Very tired, jet-lagged and our stomachs don't know what to think!

Eating your evening meal at 11.30pm is bad enough but, when it's airplane food that's even worse. Then, a measly 4 hours later, you're eating breakfast - airplane breakfast - no wonder our stomachs are bamboozled!!

Our flight out of Halifax was delayed by 2 hours for bad weather in Newark but, as we had a 3 hour lay-over, we knew we'd still make the Newark flight on time. Then that was delayed by an hour *sigh* and then, when we eventually did get on, it took another hour to get off the ground. *more sighs*

So we got back to Edinburgh 2 hours later than we'd hoped. A l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g day just sitting around airports or squished into planes! Whoever said that travelling was the best part of a holiday needs his head examined.

Anyway, we're home. We had a wonderful time - thanks, Debs, Jay and Molly.

Molly and I got on famously and I have it on good authority that she cried this morning when I wasn't sitting on the couch reading my book when she was allowed out of the bedroom. Oh, Mollipop! :o(

There will eventually be photos shared on here - once I get them all on to my computer - hopefully this weekend some time!

In the meantime, I need to go to bed and see if I can catch up on some much needed sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Yay -- you're back! Air travel is awful these days -- it rarely seems to go smoothly. And if it does, there's always the hassle at security to throw some excitement into it. So glad you're safely home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)