Monday, 28 June 2010

just a few photos

Here are just a very few of the photos taken on our Canada holiday.

With over 1300 photos to choose from, I decided to limit my choices to the ones I took with my wee point and shoot camera - a Samsung D60. Choosing from my own photos made it only 306 to go through - still a hard choice.

Anyway, here we go.

This is Debbie and Jason's new front deck where we sat at every available opportunity.







Molly loves to go for a swim:



The lighthouse at Peggy's Cove:



Molly looking through the gap on the front porch - dopey dog!



Debbie and Jason in Baddeck, Cape Breton. I didn't realise they were standing in a puddle!



It had been raining in Baddeck and then it stopped and the light was amazing:





Just one of the many views around the coastline of Cape Breton:



A few crazy people:



Another view of the Cape Breton coastline:



Jason turned off the road on to a teeny tiny road. This waterfall was at the end of that road:



I think this is the same waterfall:



Molly looks so innocent …



… but she'd found a raspberry right under the fridge:



Inside the Citadel, Halifax:



The Dingle Tower, Halifax:



Chester, Nova Scotia:



One of my favourite places we went to was called The Tangled Garden:













And now we're flying home. Cheerio, Nova Scotia:



And then, the next morning, the first sight of land was of Northern Ireland:



One of the first glimpses of Scotland:



Turning out over the River Forth over Musselburgh:



Back around over Cramond Island:



And the causeway which is only walkable at low tide:



Unfortunately the wing was in the way of getting a good view of the Forth Bridges. You can just see them under the tip of the wing - the Forth Bridge is wrapped in white in some places whilst it's being repaired.



I've got more photos of all the stuff I brought back but I'll keep them for another day.

3 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful Anne! Looks like you had a wonderful trip - love the group photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics Mum! :o)

    I didn't realise we were in a dub either! Hehe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos!!

    my mom would love the Tangled Garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)