Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Canada purchases

Here's some of the stuff we bought in Canada. The gifts we brought back for Jo aren't here - they're at her house! :o)

We went to a place called The Harbour Quilt Company on our way to Cape Breton. It was the most amazing place full of made up quilts, quilt packs, quilt patterns, fat quarters, bag patterns and so much more. I could have stayed in there all day long!

Here's what I bought:

A couple of quilt patterns:





This is the pattern and fabric for a small Christmas quiltlet. It could be a wall-hanging or a square table runner. Whatever it'll be, I was excited to buy the fabric to make it up. The Moda "Making New Friends" charm fabrics are fabulous!



I couldn't resist the pattern for this bag by Amy Butler. Just looking at it makes me want to get going with it.



In Halifax, we went to Fabricville to buy some fabric to make Debbie another couple of sundresses like this one.



I also bought a pattern for a top and some material to make it up for Jo. Thankfully she loves both.



These are fat quarters I bought in Walmart. I know some people turn their noses up at Walmart but, when you can buy 4 fat quarters for less than we pay for one over here, it makes me excited to see what they have.



I stood looking at this book for ages wondering if I should buy it or wait until I got home and order it from Amazon. I decided that I'd be annoyed with myself if I got home to find the book wasn't available in the UK so I just went ahead and bought it. I am so pleased I did. There are quite a few projects in it that I'm keen to try.



I just realised I didn't photograph the yummy cookery book I bought. Or the gifts Debbie made for my birthday. I'll do them tomorrow - it's time for bed now. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Look at that great haul Anne. Looks like you had a wonderfully successful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)