Wednesday, 28 April 2010

what I've been sewing

I've been busy sewing the top of a baby blankie for Jo's friend Lizzy who's expecting her first baby in July.



I call it a Sudoku quilt because each of the squares are made up of nine fabrics and, like a Soduku puzzle, none of those colours appear more than once in any line or square. That's a bad explanation but hopefully it makes some sense.

Next I'm going to attach the top to a piece of fleece and then add some binding around the edges. Not long to go now!

3 comments:

  1. It's so pretty mama! Lizzy and baby are gonna love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great explanation and how very clever for you to think of it! Those colors are great for a baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)