Monday, 19 April 2010

Meg's biscuits

I did some baking this afternoon. I made what we call Meg's Biscuits.



The recipe came from my Auntie Meg - one of my mum's 5 sisters.

MEG'S BISCUITS

1 cup SR flour
1 cup porage oats (rolled oats)
3/4 cup sugar
4 oz marg
1 dessertspoon golden syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp hot water

Heat the oven to 160º - 180ºC

Mix flour oats and sugar. Melt the marg and syrup together and add. Stir well. Dissolve the soda in the hot water and mix in. Spoon into small balls, put on trays and bake for approx 15 - 20 mins.

Talking of mum's sisters, my cousin Christina kindly sent me my late Auntie Mary's recipe book for me to copy. Auntie Mary had so many fabulous recipes, I can't wait to start making some of them!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, apparently we're thinking along the same lines with family recipes! Those cookies look wonderful -- thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum, in my quest to find the perfect granola bar recipe, I tried putting in some chocolate chips and some marshmallows into this recipe. Now, it was a disaster as far as granola bars go but it was very tasty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oats almost make these biscuits qualify as a Health Food , these days . And this sounds like a delicious way to get healthy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oats could be classed as healthy but I'm not so sure about the sugar and syrup! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)