Saturday, 3 April 2010

it's been a real pain!

I hurt my back on Wednesday. It wasn't too bad on Wednesday night - just a wee bit hard to get comfy in bed.

On Thursday it got worse as the day wore on so that at bedtime I took painkillers just to be able to sleep. I can't honestly say they worked very well. Or, if they did, I hate to think how much pain I would have been in if I hadn't taken them!

On Friday morning I made myself go swimming hoping that the exercise and the water would do me some good. I must admit, whilst I was in the pool, it felt good. I could still feel the pain in my back but it didn't stop me swimming for my usual half an hour. I hoped that would be a good sign.

Nope.

As Friday wore on the pain just got worse and worse. I'm not a cry-baby when it comes to pain but OMG I cried several times yesterday. I couldn't sit at the computer for more than about 2 minutes at a time - I had to get up and walk around just to get some relief.

I couldn't cut out material for the cot quilt I'm planning. I couldn't crochet my random blankie. I could barely even read my book!

I sat with a hot water bottle at my back for most of the afternoon hoping that it would help - not much. Douglas and Joanna took over making the tea and made me go and sit/lie down.

By 10pm, I'd had enough and went off to bed. Douglas kindly rubbed some Deep Heat in for me - I cried again as even his very gentle rubbing was agony! I took more painkillers and finally managed to get to sleep. I woke up a few times through the night but did manage some sleep.

Today my back has been a good bit better. Not better enough to do all the things I planned to do today - heck, I didn't do any of them - but at least it's not making me cry any more.

All I can say is - I wish I knew what I did on Wednesday to hurt my back because I would NEVER do it again. Ever!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry Anne! I hope each day your back will get a little better and you'll soon be good as new. And hopefully your Easter won't be full of pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor mummy! Feel better soon! Mwa. J x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)