Monday, 1 March 2010

what's next?

I wanted to make a blankie where I could use up some of the wee bits of wool I had left from all my other crochet projects. But I didn't want to make lots of hexagons or squares which I'd then have to join together at the end.

I didn't want to make another ripple blankie but I did want to make my new blankie all on one go - catching all the joined ends in as I go. So, I started making a ripple blankie with no ripple. In other words, it's just straight.

The best bit is I decided to just join the colours in a completely random pattern - not just at the ends of the rows. It means I can use up all those wee bits and also use all those big balls of wool I have as well.

I'm trying to join in new colours at different places in the rows and so far I'm loving this one. I started it on Saturday just after lunch and this is how much I've done since then.



Fun! :o)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, it does look fun! And pretty too. You're making great progress -- I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER cool!! Love it. :o)

    Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)