Wednesday, 17 March 2010

tiffin

Since Dedi e-mailed me asking for this recipe, I thought I'd post it here in case others were interested as well. :o)

It's another recipe where the only cooking involved is melting things in a pan. It's one of Douglas's favourites.

TIFFIN



4 oz marg
2 dssps syrup
2 dssps cocoa
1 cup sultanas
1 dssp caster sugar
200g packet rich tea biscuits (= approx 30 biscuits), crushed but not crumbs

Melt all the ingredients except the biscuits in a saucepan. Add the biscuits and mix well. Press into a greased baking tray. Leave to cool then cover with chocolate.

A dssp is a dessertspoon. I think that would be about 2 teaspoons.

4 comments:

  1. psst.. Anne...What are Sultanas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have sultanas? They're like raisins but made with green grapes instead of black grapes. If you can't find them, just use raisins. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Golden Raisins! Yeah we have those. LOL I've just never heard them called Sultanas before. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool. I'm glad you've got those! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)