Monday, 15 March 2010

Mother's Day spread

Yesterday was Mother's Day in the UK. We usually go to my mum's house every Sunday for an afternoon cuppa but yesterday we invited mum to our house. We had quite a spread.

Here's the table -



The lemon drizzle cake had sunk a wee bit in the middle but it still tasted gorgeous!



2 plates of queen cakes decorated with butter icing and various toppings -




Melting moments - the photo's a bit fuzzy.



Mars Bar cake made into nests with mini eggs in them -



Sticky date cake -



Tiffin -



We all ate a lot but there was loads left. Mum went home with a doggy bag and Joanna took some things to her work today. We've still got a lot in boxes so I might not need to bake this week.

Vedict - we'll do that again. There's just something so right about drinking tea from a cup and saucer, poured from a teapot with a proper tablecloth on the table. :o)

7 comments:

  1. It was all delicious - I had a great time! How very Alice in Wonderland!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder who was the Mad Hatter? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything look yummy Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! How very exciting! The pictures are lovely.

    I especially like that you got the good china out - very pretty indeed.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh! It all looks fabulous!!! I've never heard of melting moments or the mars bar cake -- they both looks really good too -- are they hard to make? Looks like you had a GREAT Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I want to fly you in so you can bake for me! hehehe it all looks delicious!

    Let me go fetch a rag to clean the drool off my keyboard. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne,
    First I have to tell you my middle name is Anne, spelled with the 'e', who I feel a kindred spirit. Then I have to comment on your beautiful cupcake biscuit tin. I just love it. As I looked through your blog I see you really like sweets! I also see your picture and it doesn't look like you eat all those sweets, so you must fill up your friends on them! LOL I can't eat sweets, as I am a little sensitive to sugar, but I enjoy your well set table and table cloths, and plates, etc!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)