Saturday, 2 January 2010

new year walk 2010

Every New Year's Day we try to go for a walk. Because of the awful weather we've had over the last wee while, we weren't sure if we were going to manage this year but we did.

We headed down to the beach but the tide was in so we couldn't get down on the sand - although, as can be seen from the video, Rosie had a good try!

You can see quite clearly how slippery it was. Even the salty air from the sea hasn't managed to melt the ice!



This is the view of the winter sun. It was 11am so this was as bright as the day was going to get!



Jo checking to see if we could get down on the sand.



Looked like it was snowing over on the other side of the river.



Rosie - just because I liked the photo!



And finally the video showing Rosie looking longingly at the sea - with a wee bit of encouragement from Jo - and then deciding that maybe mum had the better idea staying well away! :oD

3 comments:

  1. Oh Brrrr! That just looks cold in the winter. FUN -- but cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have waited until I was skinny to post a video of me? Not that I can view this one either. Must be my bandwidth. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are already skinny! If you look at the photo where you're looking for sand, you are turned sideyways and are almost invisible! :oP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)