Monday, 25 January 2010

Happy Birthday, Rabbie!

Today is the birthday of Scotland's national poet, Rabbie Burns. 251 today! Happy birthday, Rabbie!

Here's one of my very own favourite Burns' songs sung by Eddi Reader at the Burns An' A' That festival, Culzean Castle, May 9 2003.



And just in case you want to join in, here are the words. :o)

A Red, Red Rose.
O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!

2 comments:

  1. It's a braw, bricht Burns Nicht night the nicht.

    Hope you enjoyed your haggis as much as I enjoyed mine!

    R x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)