Tuesday, 12 January 2010

at last!!

The snow we had for nearly 4 weeks has almost all gone.

We still have some patches of snow on the back grass but the roads are pretty much all cleared. Pavements and car parks can be a wee bit hairy depending on where they are. If they're able to be sunned on (!!), the snow will have melted. If they're hiding behind high walls - like the pavement outside my mum's house - they're still thick with ice.

Yesterday I actually managed to get to the swimming pool for the first time since Christmas. Oh my goodness it felt good! I was worried that my body was starting to creak again - no I'm not joking, I felt it creak!! - so being able to go swimming again has hopefully stopped that creaking in its tracks!

More snow is forecast but we'll deal with that if and when it arrives. For now, I'm just happy that the old stuff has gone. At last!

1 comment:

  1. Yipee! You got out and your snow is gone. Ours is supposed to melt this weekend -- I'm going to miss it though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)