Thursday, 1 October 2009

singing

Tonight is our first concert of the year. Well, not of the year 2009 but the Singers' year - ie September to June. I'm sure everyone who reads this knew what I meant!

Anyway, we're singing at a Church Women's Guild meeting. I hope we do well. I know that I know my stuff - I'm one of those annoying people who actually looks at the stuff at home!! - but others may have forgotten their words and/or notes.

I mean, let's be fair, it's all of 7 days since we last sang these songs - and we've sung them *repeatedly* in rehearsals and we've even sung them several times in other concerts but, you know, people forget. It's sad really, but it's true. Well, it's true of the Singers anyway! :oD

So we're singing to the Women's Guild who will, I'm sure, clap a lot - they usually do - no matter if people have forgotten their stuff. In fact, if people do forget their bits, they usually clap even louder. Mmmm. Makes you wonder, eh?

Best bit - we'll get a slap up feed. Sandwiches, cakes, bisuits, sausage rolls and so on and so on. Yummmmm!!

Okay, I have to be honest - I LOVE singing at the Singers concerts. We're not as bad as I've made out we'll be. In fact, we're really quite good. If you ignore the made up words and music! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)